Saturday, September 27, 2008

Recollections from the Gulf

Well, now that we've gotten used to the duty watch system means i'm gettin bored on watch. So i was just randomly thinking up stuff to keep awake, to prevent my Chief from picking on me, even though nothing i do will stop it. I'll just have to get over it, though i know it's pissing my ass off. I try.

So indeed the below are the what i managed to come up with over 2 watches.





In the wind I stand.
Under the blanket of stars.
The watch never tires.



Land aloft the sea.
A bird does not lay its eggs.
Liquid gold it hides.



There are eyes everywhere.
Watching. Or scanning.
There are lights everywhere.
Illuminating. Or searching.
There are dhows everywhere.
Fishing. Or waiting.


A cold moonless night
The gunmetal cover of darkness

Lazy sunbeams peek through the shades.
I lay ensconced in a world of dreams.


My world is a vivid green haze.
Lights of faerie fire dance wildly.

Awake, I reconnect my consciousness to the world.
Graceful, I skim the web like a playful sprite.


Captured as blips on the radar.
Like bugs in a web.

Unfettered, I walk the cyber pathways.
Enchanted, I enter the portal of fantasy.


Invisible chatter zoom from ship to ship.
Calm or agitated, yet all fast and furious.

I command Hermes at my fingertips.
Engaging strangers, engaging friends.


Sharks secure the barricade like weary watchdogs.
A mine, a fount of black liquid gold.

A wicked rhythmn snares my soul.
And I surrender my sensibilities for a night.


A chopper roars overhead.
Reluctant, I leave my trance.


Enjoy,

No comments: