Monday, August 04, 2008

I Blog?

Wow, i just remembered i used to have a blog and sometimes how cathartic it is. But mostly i just can't be bothered to pen my thoughts, cathartic as the process maybe. Wait. Catharsis? I barely remember the meaning of that word. Wait. Emotional release. Yes. That just came to mind. My brain is like a stock market exchange, thoughts fly in and out like money does, it comes in settles for a minute then leaves and i can't remember whit after that. So blogging becomes a business where i sit and stare at the screen waiting to my fingers to dance over the keyboard, which they never do now.

I may have paid a price too dear to extend my service. Steeped in crude language, colloqialism and the occasional dry comms lingo. I've lost my tongue, sharp or not. I wonder to myself if i'm up to the task of taking English as my major again. It's like a silent gnawing fear of not being up to par. Nonetheless, i have to stow that fear away for another day. Because the deployment is around the corner. Gotta get psyched.

Sometimes i think saying that i've been too busy to blog is a lie. I've kept away too many things, like little devils trapped in a Pandora's Box, one day that box might explode. Perhaps i should take some time to compose myself (and my writing).

So anyway, i will be sailing off tmr and next week again for a few more sea checks before we are declared ready for ops. I may have been excited, now i'm rather nervous. Of what's gonna come ahead and what time i have to prepare for it. I try to push it aside and enjoy life for the moment, kinda like living on edge now. Maybe, its because i have to get mandatory insurance, sign a will and all those morbid talk of blood and gore.

Living on edge. I rather like it. Though not very healthy for my wallet. But for once, i dont feel so chained anymore.

Lastly, for those who survived reading, congratulations if you didnt mute your speakers. I put the song to irritate ppl =P It's so fun planting earworms if you get what i mean.

No comments: