Sunday, April 16, 2006

When push comes to shove...

There's always a breaking point.
And i feel like i've juz passed that.
There is juz so much to express.
Yet words are so limited.
Or maybe i'm juz ineffectual in my expression.
Freedom is a tantalizing gift.
A gift greater than gold.
Yet something feels amiss...
Behind this deceptive facade of bliss.
A darkness lingers within me.
Something i cannot banish...
I can't seem to let myself go.
I'm a mess of conflict.
It holds me ever so subtly but firmly.

I yearn for the moment when i can cast myself afloat.
Free... without the fear of reprisal.
The how... I have to figure it out in my road of life.
Life makes tough demands.
But let us not forget the sweet fruits of labour it also brings.
Count our blessings indeed.

Existential angst.
Perhaps...
That's another big question mark.
I've come to a standstill.
A crossroads in life that needs decisions.
But i don't decide easily.
Maybe i shan't worry for now.
Cast these reservations aside...
And listen to the voice within...

No comments: