Sunday, January 21, 2007

Powerless

Something so basic that we've all taken for granted.

O... Dismount lo....

Okay, it was not exactly joy but at least we got off duty. After numerous boring rehearsals with SWO, the Change of Command Ceremony was came to a close with a farewell last salute to our former Commanding Officer, with thunderous applause to welcome the new one.

Off to the spec mess.

In rather high spirits that got even higher with the inclusion of duty-free beer from the mess, which tasted cheap but nonetheless fired the blood. We had racous fun with food, picture match and several drinking bouts from Denis, Jeff and the new 2lts. I was rather surprised i downed a mug myself. Ended the day with rather inexcusably blonde moments from me (dropping a plate of food)... More drinking and a hellride from RuiLong.

Homebound.

All the plans for WOW, some rest at home came to a abrupt halt as I opened my door to pitch darkness... Has the power perhaps tripped? Easily fixed with a flick of a switch. Flick up... Flick down... A simple enquiry to my Mum confirmed all that i dreaded.

Oh... So thats how... It needed no more from me than my indifference and utter resignation.

Perhaps i should stop thinking about the impossible.
Some things never change.

No comments: