Sunday, August 20, 2006

Livin my life.

Was just thinkin. Yeah, sometimes i blank out alot, lost in my wolrd of thoughts. Thinking of so many things to get myself distracted from all the boredom, from all the brainless things i do in camp. I figured i needed to keep my mind perked, lest i become a walking zombie in this 2 years, or so i fear. All that sophistication, lost to mindless, unquestioning obedience. Distasteful.

As i was thinkin. I thought many things. I thought of - what next? After all this... I wish time would all slow down. It feels like we are on some roller coaster ride of life. Exhilaratingly short. If it would only slow down to a walk in paradise, enjoying, savouring every moment with close friends and family to walk with you. A sense of undying support and true inner joy, which cannot be obtained through superficial means. If only life today was as fulfilling. We probably would not be such shallow adults nowadays, seeking out our selfish wants, sometimes with such blind ardour it is almost machiavellian. That turns the essence of human nature into an empty husk.

I have lived a good 18 years. Not long, but it's given and taken from me alot. Friends have been bestowed upon, only to be taken away by circumstances, becoming no more than a roadside acquaintance, sometimes cheapened to be used as a means to an ends. People whom i've toiled with, endured hardship with, a bond of friendship taking form, only to be ripped apart by the contraints of time and space. This world is selfish, while we are mere puppets to be puppeteered or chess pieces manuvered to fulfil an unknown plan.

Wouldn't it be just wonderful to have a beautiful ending like 'Big Fish'?

No comments: