Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Oath of Allegiance

I, having entered the service of the Republic of Singapore under the Enlistment Act, (Cap 93), do solemnly swear, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will:

a. bear true faith and allegiance to the Republic of Singapore

b. protect and defend the Republic of Singapore bravely and intelligently, with virtue and honour, not sparing my life blood in so doing;

c. to my last breath be devoted to the people, the country and the Government of the Republic of Singapore;

d. to be loyal to the country and the Government of the Republic of Singapore.

e. be ready at the order of the Government, to rise up to the defence of the Republic of Singapore.

f. be honourable, brave, disciplined and vigilant;

g. obey the laws of the Republic of Singapore and comply with the orders of my commanders; and

h. strictly safeguard and preserve state secrets and official information and never to disclose them.

I'm gonna miss certain things and people.
I'm gonna become a pawn in the Government's hands.
Just do it, i guess.

No comments: