Sunday, July 04, 2010

I knew it was a tough road.

But why did I do it?

I did it because I want to prove my mental fortitude. I challenge myself to my limits daily, because I never really gave a thought to my future doesn't mean that I can't start now. I knew it was tough because the statistics for failure were shown to me, but I want to be one of those that endured everything that was being thrown at them. I want to do this because I don't want to confine myself to a lifestyle that is projected upon me, I want to take the road less trodden. Because this is the time for me to still be able to make mistakes and stand up again, and not 20 years down the road with all the responsibilities on my shoulders, any mistake made might be cripple me forever.

If you so wish to remain in your precious little enclave, you are most welcome. It is your choice. I chose to venture out into the great unknown, the so-called leap of faith that I have taken. I can understand your misgivings, hence I will not try to convince you against something that is deeply ingrained. I just ask that you respect choices. It really doesn't matter that family may sometimes choose to be ignorant, but that might not be true because you and I are entitled to each our own opinions.

I cannot say that I will succeed for sure. But I will certainly try my best.

No comments: