Friday, January 25, 2008

My blog is so underused.

I just realised i've been posting alot less than i should. Making use of this space for its intended purposes, to share, to laugh or to simply vent. I have been feeling alot lately. Then again i always do, during 7D especially when theres nothing else to do except duty, sleep and watch tv. Pretty much a monotonous duty cycle every other week. Now that the realisation that i'm going to ORD is looming around the corner, i wonder what i really should be feeling? Elation? Anxiety? Or anticipation on what's to come?

At this point of time i realised that i've again drawing close to the conclusion of this chapter in my life. And i wonder if i have actually made the most of this time. Or rather am i ready to dot the full-stop to this story? So many things have happened, its bittersweet recalling those poignant moments. I was just talkin to a few of my platoon mates yesterday, just sharing and reminiscing the times, laughing and lamenting the changes these 2 years have wrought. That brought tears brimming.

The realisation that i'm again taken away from a place so familiar, so memorable shakes me to the core of my being. Half of me can't wait to leave, the other half refuses to budge a milimeter. I am unsure where my path in life will lead, i am afraid to take that step. All the friendship, the laughter, the suffering, everything that makes us human, diminished, as i am thrust out into cold reality.

It's so tiring having to construct these walls to protect yourself again, after leaving yourself to the trust of familiar people.

Somehow, i'm not complaining after last week's duty, because i understand these people as friends.

No comments: